I believe in the saying that your first ministry is your marriage. Your spouse is someone the God has called you to minister to personally on an intimate and spiritual level. I set a reminder on my phone to keep me mindful to pray for my husband every day. It is my job as his wife to keep him covered in prayer, as it is his job to keep me covered as well. With that said here are 10 versus, I would like to share with you that I found here.
1. Pray first that you and your spouse would be humble in order that your prayers would not be hindered.
Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. 1 Peter 3:7
2. Pray that the work of your spouse’s hand would be blessed by God.
May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17
3. Pray for wisdom to choose the God honoring option in every decision.
By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; Proverbs 24:3
4. Pray for discretion to steward the resources God has given you.
Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God.Ecclesiastes 5:19
5. Pray for godly principles and practices to characterize your communication.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29
6. Pray for your spouse to take the way of escape God provides in temptation.
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
7. Pray for your spouse to have spiritual victory in trials and over worry, discouragement, or doubt.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
8. Pray for your spouse to grow in faith and bear fruit in his/her walk with Christ.
And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God Colossians 1:10
9. Pray for your spouse’s health and protection.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2
10. Pray that your relationship with the Lord and with your spouse would be ever deepening in intimacy, respect, and love.
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— Ephesians 5:28-29